Lync Web Scheduler is a resource kit tool for Microsoft® Lync Server 2010. It provides a Web-based alternative to the add-in for the Microsoft Office Outlook® messaging and collaboration client for the purpose of scheduling a meeting using Lync Server 2010. It also provides a browser-based conference management experience that includes operations such as the following:
- Scheduling a new online Lync meeting.
- Listing all existing Lync Server 2010 meetings that the user has organized.
- Viewing and modifying details of an existing meeting.
- Deleting an existing meeting.
- Sending an email invitation to meeting participants by using a configured SMTP mail server.
- Joining an existing conference.
This is a very simple application to install. Run the WebScheduler.msi file on (all) the Front End servers. The only configuration required is to set the SMTP server to be used to send emails. This configuration is done in IIS Manager. Navigate to the Lync External Web Site and expand to list all web applications. Select Scheduler and click SMTP E-mail. Enter the SMTP Server address, port and authentication settings. Repeat for the Lync Internal Web Site. The External site needs to be publish through the Reverse Proxy, if required.
Using Lync Web SchedulerAccess the application on https://<internal pool FQDN>/scheduler or https://<external pool FQDN>/scheduler.